How to Deal with Difficult Children, Difficult Parents, and Difficult Situations
Earn 5 Clock Hours When You Pass Exam
*Please check your state's registry to see if these type of ON DEMAND courses are approved in your state.
OK Registry Event ID 295360 Good through 6.30.2025
MI Registry Event ID 137895 Good through 4.22.2027
Registration size 1-4 people: $34 per person
Registration size 5+ people: $29 per person
Watch the Recording at Your Leisure.
You do not have to choose. All three areas will be covered.
1. The Top Problems with "Difficult Children" and How to Fix Them
Sometimes it can be that “one child.” Sometimes it can be “many children.”
* Children who whine with a high-pitched voice that hurts your ears
* Children who do not listen
* Children who act wildly
* Children who climb on furniture
* Children who run in the classroom
* Children who try to get out the door
* Children who talk back
* Children who have meltdowns
* Children who hurt others by biting, hitting, and pushing
* Children who create morning hassles, mealtime mischief, and naptime blues
2. The Top Problems with "Difficult Parents" and How to Fix Them
Sometimes it can be that “one parent.” Sometimes it can be “many parents.”
* Parents who act like “know-it-alls”
* Parents who helicopter
* Parents who don’t seem to care
* Parents who want you to potty train their child when their child isn’t ready
* Parents who say their child does no wrong
* Parents who gossip and backstab
* Parents who think you are sometimes unfair
* Parents who over indulge their children
* Parents who are angry and negative
You can turn difficult parents into cooperative parents. Get the skills you need to build cooperation and harmony.
3. The Top Difficult Childcare Situations and How to Fix Them
* Managing transitions without classroom chaos
* Making morning drop-offs and parent pick-ups a breeze
* Preventing circle time disruptions and making circle time a fun experience for all
* Teaching rules the Appelbaum way so children like to follow them
* Halting the messes children making when they don’t put away their things
* Teaching food manners so children do not play with their food or toss it on the floor
* Teaching children to be kind rather than pick on others or tease, tattle, or bully
Get a handle on the how to prevent these problems before they happen!
After viewing, pass a brief follow-up quiz for a 5-hour certificate. (Retake fee $5)
CDA CANDIDATES: This training can be applied toward the CDA formal early childhood training requirement of 120 hours.
Dr. Maryln Appelbaum
You’re in for a treat! Maryln Appelbaum is totally amazing. Her laughter is contagious, and so is her love of teaching children. She captivates, motivates, inspires, entertains, and wows audience members with her stories, strategies, songs, and her VERY special laugh!
Maryln is sometimes called “The Child Care Guru” because she has answers to the tough questions when working with children. She combines her education of both undergraduate and graduate degrees in education and psychology, and her early childhood experience as a teacher, director, and owner of 3 early childhood centers. She has written more than 30 books for early childhood, appeared on TV and Radio Talk Shows. Tens of thousands of early childhood teachers get her daily “Message from Maryln” emails that give them strategies, inspiration, and hope. She has spoken to hundreds of thousands of audience members. They go back to work motivated and excited to implement what they have learned. You and your staff will too! Get ready for an awesome day filled with joy, laughter and learning.
Whoohoo! Marty, America’s #1 early childhood motivational speaker, is going to present this awesome seminar. Audiences across the country rave his praises.
Marty is the real deal! He has a unique teaching and presenting background that few have spanning over 30 years. He has taught in classrooms ranging from infant age through high school seniors. He is a master at captivating and engaging audiences. He combines his own real-life experiences, stories, songs, fun games with strategies to take back to the classroom. There’s never a dull moment. There's no falling asleep at his seminars! Marty has appeared on television and radio. Over 250,000 educators have attended training events led by Marty. Audiences go back to work motivated and excited to implement what they have learned. You and your staff will too! Get ready for an awesome day filled with joy, laughter and learning.