Calming the Chaos 2022 - Philadelphia
A Day in the Life of Today's Early Childhood Teacher
In-Person at The Alloy - DoubleTree Hotel
February 5, 2022
8:00 am to
U.S. Time Zones
This Seminar Begins At:
Earn 6 Clock Hours
* Reduced capacity for this in-person event.
* SELL-OUT EXPECTED (again)! Register early to guarantee your spot.
* Chairs will be distanced and reduced from 100% to 50% of capacity.
* State, local, and venue requirements concerning masks will be followed.
You do not have to choose. All of the following 5 TOPICS will be covered.
1. Stop Tantrums and Meltdowns in Toddlers and Preschoolers
Powerful and effective ways to manage tantrums before they manage you * Unlock the reasons that children have tantrums and meltdowns * Receive specific strategies for different ages * Teach children emotional literacy instead of meltdowns that will benefit them their entire lives
2. Break-through Strategies to Make Circle Time the Best Ever
Circle time can either be chaotic or it can be a time to teach young children new concepts and learn to care for each other * Learn how to handle the transitions to circle time * Get answers to questions like how do I get the children to sit still, what’s the best length of time for circle time, how do I hold children’s attention, how do I get rid of the wiggles * Create the best circle time ever!
3. Everything You Need to Know about Children Who Are in Constant Motion & May have ADHD
Did you know that you can see signs of ADHD in early childhood? Do you have children who can’t stay still, sometimes fall out of their chairs, can’t pay attention, and are easily distracted? Get the answers you need to understand and help children * Learn how to recognize symptoms and what to do to help children get calmer and succeed
4. Winning Ways to Make Naptime a Breeze for Children and Talk to Parents Who Say Their Children Don’t Need a Nap!
There are some children who don’t want to nap. There are also some parents who say their children don’t need to nap even though their children look and act sleepy * Learn winning ways to talk to parents about naptime * Learn great strategies to make naptime easy * What to do if a child misbehaves during naptime * End naptime woes
5. Expert Strategies for “The Attention-Seeker: The Child Who Takes Up Your Attention Every Day!!!
Do you have that one child that takes up your attention from the moment of arrival to the end of the day? This child takes up so much attention all day that you sometimes feel guilty that you are not spending more time with others in your class. Always seems like you’re “putting out fires?” Receive expert strategies on how to get through to this child so the child is more able to learn and play independently and cooperatively.
Receive 6 CLOCK HOURS (.6 CEUs) for attending.
Certificate will be awarded that is recognized by the Pennsylvania Professionally Development Registry.
Event ID# 336419
As you know, our country is still modifying guidelines in response to COVID-19. These measures vary by state, locale, and vaccination rate. We will follow all state and local mandates, as well as hotel requirements. We will adhere to all requirements and timelines. We thank you for your cooperation in helping us follow the recommended guidelines in place on the date of this seminar that balance the values of safety and respect. The great news is that WE ARE BACK and so happy to be able to offer you this in-person seminar!
Below are current guidelines in place for this event.
- We will follow state, local, and venue requirements concerning masks that are in place on the date of this event.
- *Chairs will be distanced and reduced from 100% to 50% of capacity.
- Coffee and snacks will not be provided due to COVID-19 - please bring your own snacks and drinks!
NO LATER THAN Jan. 31, 2022
Group size 1-9 people: $39.00 per person
Group size 10+: $35.00 per person
NO LATER THAN Feb. 1-4, 2022
Group size 1-9 people: $44.00 per person
Group size 10+: $39.00 per person
|Onsite Registration $49.00 if seats available|
Doug Medford is one of ATI’s most sought-after speakers. He has been training administrators and teachers, for over 20-years and has first-hand experience teaching young children. Doug has presented over 1,000 seminars to more than 300,000 educators all over the United States and in Canada. He is one of the nation's leading humorists. He will make you roar with laughter while giving you great strategies to use in your classrooms. Doug’s comedy is based on observational humor and real classroom happenings and will not offend, contribute to global warming or promote tooth decay.