Need help with Common Core?
Already developed a plan but need specific strategies to refine teaching practices and use existing resources?
Whatever your place on the implementation continuum, we can help! Call us today at 1.800.374.2291 to find out more!
The One Stop Guide to Success with the Common Core Standards
Get the strategies you need to help students succeed with Common Core standards.
This session is STRATEGY-Based and offers administrators and educators the opportunity to learn critical thinking strategies that promote deeper learning for ALL students. We encourage educators, PLC groups, and administrators to take the strategies learned and keep the process of transformation and change moving forward!Continue to be reflective and refine your teaching practice using the strategies offered in this seminar to get your students prepared for their future!
1-Day, 2-Day and Custom Follow-Up Sessions Available
- Unpack standards into meaningful learning goals to take your students to new levels of success (Participants can continue to use this process after the training.)
- Learn the current status of the assessment consortia (PARCC and Smarter Balanced), and analyze
content- specific implications for your school or district.
- Discover a process to unpack the new CCSS and design simple formative assessments.
- Start thinking collaboratively to design common assessments aligned to the Common Core
- Meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Build deep understanding of the Common Core State Standards
- The Big Shifts in English Language Arts and Math and How to Accommodate those Shifts
- The Time-Line for Meeting the Common Core & What You Have to Do Right Now!
- Why Your Teachers Need to Know about Appendix A of the Common Core
- Specific Strategies to use with Your Students to Prepare Students for Success with Parcc and Smarter Balance.
- Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening, Research—Tools You need for Your Students to Succeed
- How to Help Students Engage with Complex Text, Extract what is Important, & Build Evidence
- The Importance of Technology in the Common Core – What Your Students Must-Know
- How You Can Use Existing Texts
- RTI-Response to Intervention – How It Will Help All Learners Succeed
- Great Ways to Motivate Students so They Want to Learn the New Material
- How to Teach Students to Rigorously Analyze Information – Scope, Schema, Scan, Skim Approach
- Teaching Students to Extract Data and Collect Information – The ABCOQ Strategy
- Drive Teaching and Learning with Formative Assessment – Strategies for Success
- Differentiating Instruction for Diverse Learner Needs for the Common Core
- Effective Strategies for Diverse Learning Needs –Students with Special Needs, Remedial Needs, English Language Learners, and Gifted Learners
You can reach us @ 800-374-2291 M-F 8:30-4:30 Central Time
CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION AFTER THE TRAINING!
GREAT FOR TEAMS and PLCs! TAKE THESE CRITICAL THINKING TEACHING STRATEGIES AND BEGIN TO INTEGRATE THEM INTO YOUR TEACHING AND PAIR THEM WITH EXISTING RESOURCES!